Danal Hemananda - the Peterite Cricketing Star

Danal Hemananda is an exceptional young cricketing star who represented St.Peter’s College, Bambalapitiya. A spectacular left hand batsman cum left arm fast bowler who has displayed impressive skills with spectacular performances with both bat and ball while representing Sri Lanka national under 19 cricket team with distinction.

As a steady wicket taker and run-getter with sensational swing bowling both ways, he played Sri Lanka Cricket first class tournament for Police Sports Club with tremendous success as an all-rounder.

At present he is representing Sri Lanka national under 19 team against the Bangladesh national under 19 team.

Speaking exclusively to Daily News, Danal said “My journey into the world of sports started because I love sports from my early days. Also sports have always played a key role in my life”.

“I have been guided and supported by my family and my coaches, hence I am eternally grateful to all of them”.

“The reason i chose the game of Cricket is because I used to play cricket with my father and I loved the game”. ” It’s hard to be a cricketer, because you have ups and downs and it’s always not what you really want to happen. But with sheer hard work and commitment towards the sport you can make the path easy”.

“Throughout my entire life my top priority will be some how to represent the Sri Lanka senior national team, because by doing that I want to make my family proud”.

“One of the most unforgettable incidents was at the 86th Battle of the Saints, I scored an unbeaten 50 and got two wickets, which in the end got me the best all-rounders award while turning out for my beloved School

St.Peters. Also the day I made my first class debut for Police against SSC where I got three wickets”

” I spend my free time travelling and listening to music. My favourite holiday destination is Pasikudah”.

“My favourite Cricketer is Sam Curran the England national team all rounder”.

“My greatest accomplishment was getting selected to the Sri Lanka Under 19 Cricket Team. To date I really cherish that moment ”. “I really do compare myself to my father., Because he’s my real life hero”.

“Well the best compliment I always get is that I’m a skilled bowler”. “To be happy with what you have and somehow manage with everything is what the Covid-19 pandemic has thought me”

“Yes of course, as a 19 year old young boy, I’m extremely happy with all what I have achieved so far and I’m surely doing what I believe in.”. “I want to become a Sri Lankan Profesional Cricketer when i grow up and

likes to describe myself as a hard working and honest person right through out my life. That is what my loving parents always taught me to be”.

On a concluding note Danal said “I want to be the fast bowler who gets the highest number of test wickets and that is the kind of legacy that I always want to be remembered for”.

 

by Daily News Sri Lanka

, Sports, ,

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post