
New Delhi:
Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar breathed her last on Sunday morning at the age of 92. She was laid to rest with full state honors on Sunday evening at Shivaji Park. Many television, Bollywood celebrities, and politicians including Prime Minister Narendra and Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray were spotted paying their last respects to the late singer. Also, singer Alka Yagnik visited the legend’s house to pay her last respects.
Speaking to ANI about the loss on the day of her demise, Alka Yagnik said, “I’m out of the country presently. Also in no frame of mind to talk just yet about this. I am devastated. This is personal grief for me.” Condoling the veteran singer’s demise, she said, “May my dearest Didi rest in eternal peace. I will be living the rest of my life with her voice, and with the invaluable moments I shared with her, with every breath I take.”
Dr. Pratit Samdani from the Breach Candy Hospital, where Lata Mangeshkar passed away yesterday, spoke about the late legendary singer and how even in her final moments she had a smile on her face.
Dr. Samdani, who had been treating her for the past three years said, “Whenever Lata ji’s health deteriorated, I would have treated her, but this time her condition was deteriorating day by day. Though we continued our efforts but eventually we could not save her.” He further revealed that when the singer was admitted she always used to say that “everyone should be looked after equally.” Also, “she was always ready to take whatever treatment was necessary for her and never refrained from it,” he said.
The legend passed away on Sunday at the age of 92. Lata Ji had been admitted to Mumbai’s Breach Candy hospital on January 8 after she was diagnosed with COVID-19 and pneumonia.
]]>
, International, ,