
Wathukarage Ashoka Thilakaratna (33) of the Pussathota Grama Niladhari Division in Waligepola in the Ratnapura District is suffering from congenital sclerocornea due to an accident which happened when he was seven years old.
He has received treatment thereafter from the Pallebedda and Ratnapura Hospitals but there had been no proper diagnosis of his condition. Later, specialists at the Colombo National Hospital found that Ashoka had developed a nervous disorder as a result of the road accident.
“Six months after the incident, one morning, I woke up to find that I completely lost my eyesight. Doctors said that I would not regain my eyesight and advised me to take medicine on a regular basis,” he said.
Ashoka said that he has to find over Rs. 13,000 per month to buy medicine. His mother had died and his sister is differently-abled.
Therefore, Ashoka appeals to donors to make whatever financial contributions they can to his account at the People’s Bank, Godakawela Branch, bearing the name and A/C No. Wathukarage Ashoka Thilakarathna, 245-2-001- 2-0056034.
He can be contacted on 071 996 6935.
by dailynews sri lanka
, Security, ,