Former US President Bill Clinton tests positive for Covid

Washington: Former United States President Bill Clinton has tested positive for Covid-19 and is experiencing mild symptoms.

“I’m grateful to be vaccinated and boosted, which has kept my case mild, and I urge everyone to do the same, especially as we move into the winter months,” Clinton said in a tweet.

The former president, 76, added that he is “doing fine overall and keeping myself busy at home.”

I’ve tested positive for Covid. I’ve had mild symptoms, but I’m doing fine overall and keeping myself busy at home.
 
I’m grateful to be vaccinated and boosted, which has kept my case mild, and I urge everyone to do the same, especially as we move into the winter months.

— Bill Clinton (@BillClinton) November 30, 2022

Clinton is the latest of the Presidents’ Club to test positive for the virus. Earlier, President Joe Biden contracted Covid-19 this summer, and then-President Donald Trump tested positive in October 2020.

Former President Barack Obama also experienced a mild case earlier this year.

As per CNN report, Covid-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths have remained flat in the US in recent weeks, though the virus’ impact is not gone: on average, more than 300 Americans die and 3,400 people are hospitalized each day with Covid-19, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The post Former US President Bill Clinton tests positive for Covid appeared first on News24 English.

, International, ,

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post