New Acting CDS commences duties

Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva, the incumbent Commander of the Army assumed duties  as the new acting Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) during an assumption of command ceremony, held at the Office of the Chief of Defence Staff (OCDS) premises at the BMICH today.

He commenced duties amid religious rituals and placed his signature on a formal document and the VIP book.

Addressing the media subsequently, Lt. Gen. Silva said, “I took over duties as the 7th Chief of Defence Staff. I am thankful to the Defence Forces Chief President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa for placing his trust in me in intrusting this duty upon me at a time I am serving as the Army Commander. At a time when the country is expecting maximum security in the country, based on a vision of the president, I intend to fulfill the expectations of the president, tri forces, police and CSD in ensuring maximum security in the country.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post