SLPP government will be established in August - Minister

The previous regime led the country towards destruction and at present, they are criticising the present government to cover up their misdeeds. However, the Rajapaksa government has taken steps to lead the country towards prosperity, Public Administration, Home Affairs, Provincial Councils and Local Government Minister Janaka Bandara Tennakoon said.

He was speaking at an election meeting in Pallepola recently. “When I was elected by the people as their parliamentary representative in the Matale district in 1994, the Dambulla electorate was faced with many shortcomings. During my tenure, I remedied these difficulties,” he said.

Minister Tennakoon observed that every village in the area has been provided with electricity as well as transport facilities, while many development projects were completed with a view to promoting the living standards of low-income families.

“My father had rendered a yeoman service to Dambulla from 1956 to 1977 as a deputy minister and a cabinet minister. Subsequently, I have continued his service for the betterment of the people and I wish to continue my public service until the end of my life,” Tennekoon said.

"So, at the forthcoming parliamentary election, the law-abiding and grateful people will cast their votes for the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna to form a new government,” he said.



from daily news

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post